An important case study of a 47 year old woman suffering from multiple tumors of the brain showed how important hydrogen medicine will be in the future of medicine and modern oncology. In my book on Hydrogen Medicine I have already written on using hydrogen for cancer patients. This study sustains what I have written and what I believe, and why all cancer patients would benefit, to on degree or another, with the use of hydrogen inhalation therapy. Same goes for diabetics and those suffering from metabolic syndromes as well as all neurological patients.
The study was with a 44-year-old woman diagnosed with lung cancer with multiple metastases in November 2015. Oral targeted drugs were initiated after the removal of brain metastases, and most lesions remained stable for 28 months.
In March 2018, intracranial multiple metastases, as well as hydrocephalus accumulation in the third ventricle and lateral ventricles, and metastases in bone, adrenal gland, liver were noted.
Hydrogen-gas monotherapy was started to control the tumor a month later. After 4 months, the size of multiple brain tumors was reduced significantly, and the amount of hydrocephalus in the third ventricle and lateral ventricles reduced significantly.
After 1 year, all brain tumors had disappeared, though there were no significant changes in metastases in the liver and lung.
These data show that, after standard treatments had failed, hydrogen-gas monotherapy elicited significant effective control of tumors (especially those in the brain), and survival time was lengthened.
Non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is the second most frequently diagnosed tumor worldwide, and is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths.
Under orthodox oncology 5-year survival has been reported to be 3.6%. No significant changes in 5-year survival for patients with NSCLC metastases to the brain have been observed in the last three decades.
The gas generated consisted of 67% hydrogen and 33% oxygen. Using a special mask, the patient continued to inhale hydrogen for 3–6 hrs a day at rest, with no interruption even after the obvious relief of symptoms. After 4 months, most brain metastases disappeared.
The most recent research out of China suggests that molecular hydrogen may exert anti-tumor role in ovarian cancer through suppressing the proliferation of CSCs-like cells and angiogenesis. In animal studies, 6 weeks of hydrogen inhalation significantly inhibited tumor growth, as evidenced by decreased mean tumor volume (32.30%) and Ki67 expression (30.00%).
Hydrogen treatment decreased the expression of CD34 (74.00%) demonstrating its anti-angiogenesis effects. The in vitro study showed that hydrogen treatment significantly inhibits cancer cell proliferation, invasion, migration and colony formation both in Hs38.T and PA-1 cells.
In 1975, an impressive study demonstrated that hyperbaric molecular hydrogen therapy could be a possible treatment for cancer. In this study, the researchers showed that exposing mice with skin cancer (tumors) to 2.5 percent oxygen (O2) and 97.5 hydrogen (H2) for two weeks produced a dramatic and significant regression of the mice tumors. This is even more hydrogen than given to deep sea divers.
“After a first 10-day period of exposure of the mice to the hydrogen-oxygen therapy it was found qualitatively that the tumors had turned black, that some had dropped off, that some seemed to have shrunk at their base and to be in the process of being ‘pinched off, and that the mice appeared to suffer no deleterious consequences.”
A similar effect of hyperbaric hydrogen on leukemia was reported in 1978. An anti-inflammatory effect of hyperbaric hydrogen on a mouse model of schistosomiasis-associated chronic liver inflammation was also reported in 2001.
Hydrogen is a new method for the treatment of lung cancer.
“H2 inhibited cell viability, migration and invasion, and catalyzed cell apoptosis. All data suggested that H2 inhibited lung cancer progression through down-regulating SMC3, a regulator for chromosome condensation, which provided a new method for the treatment of lung cancer.”
Hydrogen is Serious Medicine for Cancer Part One
Video Length: 3:03 minutes
If H2 reduces oxidative stress, then we can also say H2 protects DNA because oxidative stress damages cellular DNA which leads to mutations. ROS cause oxidative DNA and protein damage as well as damage to tumor suppressor genes. ROS cause damages to cell structures via oxidative stress.
More Science on Hydrogen and Cancer
Scientists have also found that molecular hydrogen caused growth inhibition of human tongue carcinoma cells.” H2 has been shown to reduce the excessive expressions of MMP genes. We know that cancerous cells have a higher expression of MMP genes leading to tumor invasion and tumor angiogenesis. H2 has been shown to reduce tumor invasion and tumor growth. Because of this effect, H2 has been shown to have anti-tumor effects.,
“ERW [hydrogen water] causes telomere shortening in cancer cells and suppresses tumor angiogenesis by scavenging intracellular ROS and suppressing the gene expression and secretion of vascular endothelial growth factor. In addition, ERW induces apoptosis together with glutathione in human leukemia HL60 cells (Tsai et al. 2009a, b).”
“Treatment with H2 water increased the expression of p-AMPK, AIF and Caspase 3 (cell apoptosis pathways) in colon 26 cells. Thus, H2 water resulted in cell apoptosis mediated by the AMPK pathway in colon 26 cells”.
Molecular hydrogen may protect and retard the development of thymic lymphoma in mice. “Data indicated that H2 protects mice from radiation-induced thymic lymphoma in BALB/c mice.”
Higher levels of hydrogen have been shown to protect DNA against oxidative damage by suppressing single-strand breakage of DNA caused by ROS, and to protect against oxidative damage to RNA and proteins.
See more about Molecular Hydrogen – Hydrogen Medicine
Hydrogen for Cancer Patients Receiving Radiotherapy
Nearly half of newly diagnosed cancer patients receive radiotherapy. While radiotherapy destroys malignant cells, it also affects normal surrounding cells.
The consumption of hydrogen-rich water for 6 weeks reduced reactive oxygen metabolites in the blood and maintained blood oxidation potential. QOL scores during radiotherapy were significantly improved in patients treated with hydrogen-rich water compared to patients receiving placebo water.
Molecular hydrogen protects healthy tissue/cells from anticancer drugs and has been shown through studies to have a protective effect against chemotherapy drugs. Hydrogen has potential for improving the quality of life of patients during chemotherapy by efficiently mitigating the side effects of cisplatin.”
Hydrogen gas inhalation is a powerful yet gentle therapeutic process. Conditions improve faster if hydrogen and oxygen are fed continuously. Hydrogen is the ultimate warrior against death and disease and is a perfect partner with oxygen, which itself is a perfect partner with CO2. These gases, when weaponized as potent medicines, are lethal to cancer.
I have three sites on hydrogen, one for information, another for products (which I will soon be expanding), and another for its use in sports. As one can see on my product site I favor machines that put out a combination of hydrogen and oxygen. I have been recently searching for an all hydrogen machine but most are pretty expensive for what you get. From one of my hydrogen sites write me and I will help you decide which way to go and inform you of any discounts that might be available at that time.
See more about GLUTATHIONE MEDICINE
Hydrogen is going to be extremely important in the future of the world and in medicine. “Hydogen can help overcome many difficult energy challenges. It can decarbonise hard-to-abate-sectors like steel, chemicals, trucks, ships and planes. Hydrogen can also enhance energy security by diversifying the fuel mix and providing flexibility to balance grids.” Doctors should take notice and plan for the conclusion that hydrogen can help overcome many of the difficult diseases humanity faces. Hydrogen holds the power to save lives and our civilization. Energy and medical problems solved, in part at least.
Dr. Mark Sircus
- Vol 7, No 4 (August 2018) / Therapeutic potential of molecular hydrogen in ovarian cancer
- Hyperbaric Hydrogen Therapy: A Possible Treatment for Cancer Author(s): Malcolm Dole, F. Ray Wilson, William P. Fife Source: Science, New Series, Vol. 190, No. 4210 (Oct. 10, 1975), pp. 152-154
- Roberts BJ, Fife WP, Corbett TH, Schabel Jr FM. Response of five established solid transplantable mouse tumors and one mouse leukemia to hyperbaric hydrogen. Cancer Treat Rep. 1978;62(7):1077–9.
- Gharib B, Hanna S, Abdallahi OM, Lepidi H, Gardette B, De Reggi M. Anti-inflammatory properties of molecular hydrogen: investigation on parasite-induced liver inflammation. C R Acad Sci III. 2001;324(8):719–24.
- Biomed Pharmacother. 2018 Aug;104:788-797. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2018.05.055. Epub 2018 May 29. Hydrogen gas inhibits lung cancer progression through targeting SMC3.
- Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2012; 2012: 353152. Molecular Hydrogen as an Emerging Therapeutic Medical Gas for Neurodegenerative and Other Diseases
- Med Gas Res. 2011; 1: 18. Molecular hydrogen protects chondrocytes from oxidative stress and indirectly alters gene expressions through reducing peroxynitrite derived from nitric oxide
- Expression of Metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 in Sentinel Lymph Node and Serum of Patients with Metastatic and Non-Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Cytotechnology. 2012 May; 64(3): 357–371. Suppressive effects of electrochemically reduced water on matrix metalloproteinase-2 activities and in vitro invasion of human fibrosarcoma HT1080 cells
- PeerJ. 2015; 3: e859. Hydrogen–water enhances 5-fluorouracil-induced inhibition of colon cancer
- Int J Biol Sci. 2011; 7(3): 297–300. Hydrogen Protects Mice from Radiation Induced Thymic Lymphoma in BALB/c Mice
- M. Lee, Y. Kim, K. Ryoo, Y. Lee and E. Park, “Electrolyzed-reduced (Hydrogen Rich) Water Protects against Oxidative Damage to DNA, RNA and Protein,” Appl Biochem Biotechnol, pp. 135(2):133-44, 2006.
- Med Gas Res. 2011; 1: 11. Molecular hydrogen alleviates nephrotoxicity induced by an anti-cancer drug cisplatin without compromising anti-tumor activity in mice. Published 2008 in Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology. September 2009, 64:753. Molecular hydrogen alleviates nephrotoxicity induced by an anti-cancer drug cisplatin without compromising anti-tumor activity in mice.