Microwave popcorn gives off a toxic, lung-damaging gas when cooked

You might be reassured to learn that the buttery flavor in microwave popcorn typically comes from a chemical actually found in butter, but you shouldn’t be. This chemical, called diacetyl, is so toxic that it commonly destroys the lungs of workers in microwave popcorn factories, afflicting them with the crippling and irreversible disease known as bronchiolitis obliterans.

Detoxadine® is a premium, deep-earth sourced nascent iodine supplement that was created to help support thyroid health, the immune system, and more.Bronchiolitis obliterans is so rare outside of this context that it has become more commonly known as “popcorn lung,” after the primary cause of the disease.

Regulators and health professionals have known of this risk for decades but always assumed that it would only affect people breathing in especially high concentrations in factory settings. Then, in 2007, a man who regularly ate two bags of microwave popcorn every day was diagnosed with popcorn lung, proving that diacetyl enters the air and lungs when microwave popcorn is cooked.

Anxious to reassure consumers, most microwave popcorn companies phased out diacetyl — only to replace it with chemicals that have the exact same effects.

David Gutierrez

Sources:

DrEddyMD.com

DrEddyMD.com

Oregatrex™oregano oil blend is loaded with antioxidants and carvacrol, the active ingredient in oregano. Perfect for defending against harmful organisms.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.