Hoping to escape in enough time to avoid the new “Tier 4” Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions that were just implemented, Londoners were seen right before Christmas making a mass exodus from the city.
Because of a new supposedly more contagious strain of the Chinese Virus, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson ramped up the tyranny by ordering Londoners not to visit their loved ones over the holidays, prompting many of them to flee for greener pastures.
In an attempt to stop them, the British “transport police” were deployed “to ensure only those who need to take essential journeys can travel safely,” indicated transport secretary Grant Shapps in a statement.
Though the U.K. did not go so far as to deploy roadblocks or the random stopping of vehicles for search, transport police were sent to every point of potential exit such as railway stations. Those caught trying to leave the city “non-essentially” were given fines.
“It is incredibly important that people follow the guidance,” Shapps announced in a statement. “Stay at home. Our focus must be stopping the spread of this virus, protecting lives and our NHS (National Health Service).”
Pakistani Muslim mayor of London threatens Londoners who fled city
In Scotland, similar draconian measures were put into place banning non-essential travel to or from other parts of the U.K. Police were deployed at the borders to enforce the measures.
Anyone found to potentially be trying to move in and around the U.K. in violation of the rules will intendedly be met by “highly visible patrols,” says chief constable Iain Livingstone, which are meant to “deter anyone who might be considering breaching travel restrictions.”
London mayor Sadiq Khan, a Muslim from Pakistan, was visibly enraged that many Londoners had escaped from the city before the Tier 4 restrictions were implemented. He tried to scare them into coming back by warning that they might take the virus “from London to your mum, dad, elderly relations.”
“We now have a vaccine being rolled out,” Khan said in a statement. “You can see light at the end of the tunnel.”
Italy tells all residents to stay home, don’t travel
In Italy, the situation was much the same after Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte implemented a “red zone” lockdown starting on Christmas Eve through Dec. 27, and again from Dec. 31 to Jan. 3.
Italians will also be prohibited from gathering on Jan. 5-6, which is when the nation traditionally celebrates the Feast of the Epiphany.
On all of these days, “non-essential” businesses will be forced to close, along with bars and restaurants that are unable to provide home delivery services. Similar to what happened in Victoria, Australia, back in the summer, Italians are also now being told to stay home at all times unless they need to leave for “emergency reasons.”
Only in significant exceptions are a maximum of two people, not counting children under age 14, allowed to leave their homes in order to visit another person’s home.
On Dec. 28, 29, and 30, as well as on Jan. 4, Italy will be in an “orange zone” lockdown, meaning people will be allowed to leave their homes, but only to move about within their own towns. All shops besides bars and restaurants will also be allowed to open just on these specific days.
“The situation is still difficult; it’s difficult across the whole of Europe,” Conte announced in a press conference.
“The virus continues to circulate everywhere. We can bend it, but we cannot defeat it. This is why even among our experts there is a strong concern that the contagion curve could surge during the Christmas period.”
More of the latest news about the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found at Pandemic.news.
Sources for this article include:
- Scientific compendium proves lockdowns don’t work… they actually cost lives
- France, Germany impose fresh lockdowns in the face of resurgent coronavirus cases
- WHO: Lockdowns not the primary method for fighting COVID-19, governments must develop “better systems” against pandemic
- WHO finally admits lockdowns are harmful, “doubling” global poverty