Source: Natural Remedies for PMS Symptoms
by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
What You Can Do to Ease PMS Symptoms
- Get plenty of rest. Get a good night’s rest throughout the month. This is the time when your body processes what you have done during the day. The ideal amount of sleep needed is 7 to 8 hours.
- Increase Your Daily Amount of Calcium. I then recommend increasing the intake of magnesium and calcium. Calcium and magnesium orotate seems to work the best. The American Journal of OBGYN states that calcium intake can reduce PMS symptoms . The Journal also recommends increasing foods that are rich in calcium such as leafy greens and calcium-fortified foods. If you don’t get enough calcium through your diet, then try using a calcium supplement.
- Exercise regularly. Make sure to follow a regular exercise routine as well. This will increase your mood levels, detox the body, improve circulation, improve skin quality, and leave you with an overall feeling of well-being. Yoga, Pilates and meditation are very useful for reducing your stress levels, and are excellent for moving energy, both on a physical and mental level.
- Alternative methods. I recommend first doing a colon cleanse, then a liver and gallbladder cleanse, followed by a harmful organism cleanse and finally a chemicals and heavy metals cleanse.
Consider acupuncture and herbs for relief from PMS and cramping. Give the cycle about 2 months of weekly attention to see major improvements. As PMS and cramping are most often associated with an imbalance in the liver, as well as blood circulation stagnation, acupuncture can help recirculate the qi (energy), balancing the body and mind.
An all-natural topical cream can also help ease PMS cramps and back pain. Women apply this and massage it into the lower abdominal areas to help relieve the pain and relax the muscles.
You don’t have to “put up” with the monthly struggle of PMS. In my research with thousands of women, I have seen that many women have resigned themselves to putting up with their monthly PMS and menopause symptoms . They believe that it is normal. Acupuncture, herbs, and liver/colon and body cleansing have shown dramatic results.
- J.G. Using Calcium to Combat PMS Symptoms. The Free Library. 1998 November 01.
- Family Health Guide. Managing the Signs and Symptoms of Menopause.