Acid reflux is a common condition in people, especially adults. This is described as the pain not only in the stomach but also in the chest of sufferers. The condition only occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), which is used to separate the stomach and the esophagus, goes down. This is when the acid in the stomach gets into the esophagus and causes annoying symptoms to the body.
Causes of Acid Reflux
There are various factors leading to the condition of acid reflux such as bad habits of eating, the excessive consumption of alcohol and coffee. The condition is also likely to happen in pregnant women because of the hormone changes but it occurs the most with people of stomach problems.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux
You can immediately feel the pain in the stomach as well as the chest and throat when the acid affects the body. This can lead to the feeling of sick and loss of appetite. In case it gets worse, acid reflux also causes bloody vomiting, fatigue, and weight loss.
To deal with acid reflux, you definitely need to change your lifestyles, especially your eating habits. Also, you can treat the condition easily without the intervention of medicinal treatments by using natural ingredients around your house.
Let’s explore top 15 home remedies for acid reflux.
Providing your body a proper amount of water every day is to ensure your best condition of all organs functioning, including your stomach. Specifically, water contributes to the removal of toxin and excessive acid in the stomach and the whole body. Plus, it also helps to deal with one of common symptoms of acid reflux, which is the loss of appetite.
Among the best home remedies of acid flux, almonds stand out for its benefits for digestive system. Specifically, the nuts possess a great quantity of oil that can be used to soothe the stomach and regulate the pH levels in the body.
· Soak some almonds in water for some hours.
· Make them powder and add them into a cup of water.
· Use the solution to consume a few times daily until you see improvement.
Apple is one of the simplest and most effective home remedies for acid reflux, which is extremely easy to find in grocery or market. To deal with the pain or other symptoms caused by acid reflux, you just need simply eat an apple or just some slices of it. By repeating it daily, you will successfully manage the acid levels in the stomach.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda has proven itself as an efficient treatment for acid reflux as it works immediately to ease the annoying symptoms of acid flux.
· Add one tablespoon of baking soda into a cup of water
· Mix it well and consume several times a day, especially after meal.
· You can add lemon juice to improve the taste.
Learn more other benefits of baking soda at .
Bananas are well known for their great health benefits to human and one of them is the ability to treat the symptoms of acid reflux. In detail, bananas are able to calm the stomach and reduce the acid level inside it.
· Simply consume 1-2 bananas daily after every meal to quickly get rid of the annoyance.
· Also, you can make bananas smoothies to consume if you wish.
Ginger is beneficial for the stomach since it can make the pain disappear quickly by absorbing the excessive acid in the digestive system. Furthermore, the ingredient can also inhibit the production of acid, preventing it from triggering the discomfort again.
· Simply chew some fresh slices of ginger during the day.
· Alternatively, take a ginger and cut it into small slices. Put some of them into a cup of hot water. Let it steep in 5-10 minutes then strain and enjoy the tea.
· Also, add more ginger into your daily meal to quickly get rid of acid reflux.
7. Fennel Seeds
Another simple way to make a treatment for acid reflux is chewing some raw fennel seeds. This is also a trusted ingredient used to improve your digestion and promptly deal with acid reflux. Besides eating them raw, you can also make tea from the seeds.
· Add 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds into a cup of hot water. Keep boiling it for 10 minutes.
· Strain and enjoy the tea
· Do this at least 3 times a day
8. Chamomile Tea
Aside from the ability to ease the strain on muscle and calm your mind, chamomile tea is also used to make home remedies for acid reflux.
· Add some dried chamomile flowers into a cup of hot water then boil them.
· After a few minutes, strain and enjoy the tea. Consume it after every meal or during the day.
As soon as you notice the symptoms of acid flux, think of grape as one of the best treatments for the condition. This is due to the ability to aid digestion and reduce acid level in the stomach. 10-20 grapes are recommended to ease the pain caused by stomach’s acid promptly.
Potatoes are believed to possess a lot of nutrients, which can be used to regulate the pH level in the body and deal with the problems of the valve separating the esophagus and the stomach. By using potatoes, you will get a quick relief from the symptoms of acid reflux.
· Cleanse a potato and peel its skin.
· Crush it to get the juice then mix it well with some cold water
· Use the solution to consume during the day.
Pineapple is as excellent source of bromelain, an enzyme to inhibit the production of acid in the stomach. Therefore, it is recommended to use the fruit to balance the pH level and reduce the abdominal pain caused by acid reflux.
· Eat a pineapple or get its juice to drink several times a day to quickly get the improvement.
Being one of the most popular beverages for all ages, milk is also trusted as an effective ingredient in home remedies for acid flux. Sound so simple but yes; a glass of warm milk can successfully reduce the symptoms of acid flux by closing the valve between the esophagus and the stomach, preventing the acid from affecting the esophagus.
Being rich in anti-inflammatory properties, cabbage helps to boost the immune system and aid your digestion. As a result, not only treating acid reflux, the vegetable also prevents the condition in advance.
· Use a blender to get the juice form a fresh cabbage and 2 carrots. Mix it well
· Consume the beverage in every morning on your empty stomach.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar
Like apples, apple cider vinegar work effectively to control the acid production in the stomach. Accordingly, the liquid can help you reduce the pain as well as other symptoms of acid reflux and become a great treatment for the condition.
· Dilute 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into half a cup of water. Mix well and consume the solution after every meal.
· Alternatively, you can take capsules or tablets of apple cider vinegar after consulting a doctor.
Turmeric is beneficial in prevent the accumulation of acid in the stomach. Accordingly, it will help aid digestion and prevent the symptoms of acid reflux.
· Simply eat some raw slices of fresh turmeric or add it into your daily diet.
· Also, turmeric capsules can be also used before every meal to control the production of acid.