Ten million Americans suffer from hemorrhoids, according to a study done by the Cleveland Clinic.  And these are only the cases that have been reported, so the actual number is likely much higher. It’s estimated that 80% of adults will suffer from hemorrhoids during their lifetime. The good news is that as uncomfortable as an itching, burning, bleeding hemorrhoid may be, natural home remedies can provide fast relief.
What are Internal and External Hemorrhoids and Anal Fissures?
There are two types of hemorrhoids: external and internal. External hemorrhoids appear as inflamed veins just under your skin around the anus. Internal hemorrhoids are inflamed veins inside the anus and rectum. Symptoms include discomfort, swelling, irritation, and itching around the anus. The most common symptom is rectal bleeding which can appear on underwear, in the stool, or on toilet paper. In some cases, a swollen lump appears making sitting and various movements unpleasant.
Causes of Hemorrhoids and Anal Fissures
Common causes of hemorrhoids include chronic constipation and diarrhea, sitting for an extended period of time, and straining to pass a stool (usually due to constipation). Age is a factor too, as older people develop them at a higher rate. Pregnancy hemorrhoids can occur as pressure increases on veins in the lower abdomen during fetal development and upon delivery. Obesity and inactivity also increase the likelihood of developing hemorrhoids. Lastly, men are at a higher risk of suffering from hemorrhoids.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids and Anal Fissures
In many cases, these conditions will go away in a few weeks; however, there are several steps you can take to accelerate the self-healing process. For hemorrhoids, start by drinking plenty of water to soften your stools and get plenty of fiber in the form of fruits and vegetables. These can go a long way making bowel movements easier to pass. Many people also swear by a sitz bath or sitting for about 15 minutes in a warm epsom salt bath that covers your legs and lower abdomen. Also, a high quality witch hazel extract or salve is a great astringent to encourage healing.
In recent years, researchers have found the application of a honey-olive oil mixture reduces bleeding and relieves itching. Olive oil is loaded with essential vitamins such as Vitamin E, fatty-acids, and antioxidants. This honey-oil mixture also works very well for patients with anal fissures.  Other natural remedies for anal fissures include the application of warm compresses, aloe vera, and wheat germ oil to the anus to speed healing and reduce discomfort.
Alleviate Your Symptoms with Ozonated Olive Oil
One of the fastest natural ways to promote healing is to use ozonated olive oil. Studies show it cleanses the area and delivers oxygen directly to the wound to stimulate healing.  A simple application of ozonated olive oil, like O2-Zap®, a couple times daily boosts the healing process and reduces the swelling and discomfort associated with the symptoms of hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
If you have experienced hemorrhoids or anal fissures, share with the community below what natural remedies worked for you.
- Orit Kaidar-Person, MD, Benjamin Person, MD, Steven D. Wexner, MD, FACS, FRCS, FRCS (Ed). Hemorrhoidal Disease: A Comprehensive Review. Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, FL.
- Al-Waili NS1, Saloom KS, Al-Waili TN, Al-Waili AN. The safety and efficacy of a mixture of honey, olive oil, and beeswax for the management of hemorrhoids and anal fissure: a pilot study. ScientificWorldJournal. 2006 Feb 2;6:1998-2005.
- Masaru Sagai and Velio Bocci. Mechanisms of Action Involved in Ozone Therapy: Is healing induced via a mild oxidative stress? Med Gas Res. 2011; 1: 29. doi: 10.1186/2045-9912-1-29.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
6 thoughts on “Natural Hemorrhoid Remedies – Ozonated Olive Oil”