Fluoride is one of the most dangerous health threats in our environment, and its widespread use makes it challenging to avoid. On this website, we regularly discuss the health concerns associated with water fluoridation and believe that the prevalence of fluoride in our water supply is not something to take lightly. Fortunately, many in the health and science fields are working toward change and many of these individuals have voiced their concerns in the new documentary Fluoride: Poison On Tap.
Fluoride: Poison On Tap
Fluoride: Poison On Tap is a new documentary that interviews leading health experts and takes a look at the science and health issues associated with the superfluous administration of fluoride in the public water supply. In Fluoride: Poison On Tap, you’ll discover why many communities and cities worldwide are choosing to opt out of fluoridation. In this groundbreaking documentary you’ll learn why water fluoridation is among the worst national health mandates ever implemented. The evidence is clear and The Lancet even published a paper recently that discussed fluoride as a neurotoxin. The time to wake up is right now, and this documentary will provide that wake up call.
Water Fluoridation Exposes All of Us to Fluoride
Fluoride compounds are purposefully added to water, a process known as fluoridation, and have been since the late 1940s. It’s puzzling since fluoride has never been proven to significantly help in protecting teeth from cavities. Now, nearly 90% of the U.S. population has supplied water through public water systems, and about 67% of those people receive fluoridated water.
Fluoride is almost impossible to avoid, even if you actively try to avoid it… its prevalence is astounding. It’s unlikely restaurants are using fluoride free water. Beverage manufacturers all rely on municipal water systems to produce soda, juice, and smoothies. And, this doesn’t even include the fluoride in dental products. When you add all these sources up, it’s easy to see the average person is under heavy attack.
Fluoride Exposure Can Have Serious Health Consequences
Many people have been wrongly convinced that fluoride is necessary for dental health. In actuality, fluoride is extremely toxic and fluoride ingestion is one of the most common reasons for calls to Poison Control. The health consequences from fluoride exposure, water or otherwise, can be horrendous…
- Fluoride is a neurotoxin that could cause damage equivalent to that from a traumatic brain injury; children living in highly fluoridated areas have up to five times greater chance of developing a low IQ compared to those who do not.
- Fluoride calcifies the pineal gland.
- Fluoride can affect thyroid and it’s ability to absorb iodine.
- Fluoride consumption can cause skeletal fluorosis, a condition resulting in weak bones.
- Research has shown that fluoride exposure can cause early puberty in girls.
- Higher levels of fluoride correspond to lower fertility rates in both men and women.
- Areas with high fluoride levels in the water tend to have a higher rate of chronic kidney disease.
- Research suggests fluoride causes cardiovascular inflammation and atherosclerosis.
- The Fluoride Action Network reports that, as of May 2013, 43 studies have examined the effect of fluoride on human intelligence.
- Fluoride may play a role in ADHD and other mental issues, according to research from the Harvard School of Public Health.
Reducing Your Exposure to Fluoride
Avoiding fluoride is tricky, but can be done. Realize that your approach needs to be two prong. You need to take steps to protect yourself at home, and you need to take steps to encourage changes in your community.
When you’re at home, avoid tap water and products that contain it. Consider investing in a water purification device or system that removes, among other things, fluoride. When you’re purchasing dental products, opt for natural, fluoride-free options. Many products contain myrrh, coconut oil, and neem which are just as effective, if not more, and have relatively few side effects. Getting enough iodine in your diet can help detoxify fluoride and the other harmful halogens, bromide, and chlorine.
If your community has fluoridated water, participate in your local government and work toward ceasing the practice in your area. It seems like a big challenge but it can be done. Mandatory fluoridation has been banned in many countries across the world, including China, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Hungary, and Japan. Although most of America is lagging, some American communities are realizing it’s the healthier choice and are rejecting water fluoridation. It’s up to you to speak up and make change happen!
Learn More About the Dangers of Fluoride
- Why You Should Reduce Your Exposure to Fluoride
- Medical Journal Designates Fluoride as Neurotoxin
- The Dangers of Fluoride
- 9 Shocking Dangers of Fluoride Exposure
- How Fluoride Damages Pineal Gland Health
- Chocolate: More Effective Than Fluoride?
- New Study Reveals Link Between Fluoride and ADHD
- Alert! Research Links Fluoridated Water to ADHD
- 5 Good Reasons You Should Avoid Fluoridated Water
- The 5 Best Natural Alternatives to Fluoride