There’s no question that a natural and organic approach makes sense when it comes to choosing your food. The same can be said for other products you put on your body. Specifically, skin care. Think about all of the products you may use on a daily basis that may come in contact with your skin. Clothes, moisturizers, cleansers, fragrances, city treated water during showering, deodorant, the list goes on. Remember, it’s not only what you eat that matters, but also what you put on your skin. Natural skin care is one of the best choices you can make for your health.
Protecting your Skin
As the largest organ of the body, your skin not only absorbs lots of nutrients, but it can also take in a number of toxins each day. Since your skin acts as your body’s barrier against those toxins, it’s so important to be aware of just what you’re using! If you’re putting dangerous ingredients on your skin, you can bet those are getting into your body—exactly where they don’t belong. For example, many traditional skin care products can contain endocrine-disrupting phthalates or parabens.  While these poisons can cause reproductive issues, they’re also linked to increased cancer risk, and studies also suggest the more products you use, the higher toxic concentrations can get in your body.  And, because cosmetics are notorious for having these toxic ingredients, I suggest avoiding makeup completely. But if you must use it, why not look for natural or organic makeup instead?
Benefits of Natural Ingredients
Many of us can use up to 10 skin care products each day; that could be 10 products full of toxic chemicals! Going organic with your skin care routine will help your skin and body steer clear of those toxins—and there are other perks! A recent study suggests using natural ingredients for skin care can help treat hyperpigmentation and inflammation, while another comments on how it can help with photoaging (skin damage caused by the sun’s rays over our lifetimes). 
What’s Behind Skin Care Products
The process of developing and putting a skin care product on the market can be shrouded in mystery, and sometimes regulations fall short. Believe it or not, the FDA doesn’t need to approve what ingredients are added to personal care products or cosmetics and can only request, not order, that a company pull a skin care product, regardless of what’s in it. But it doesn’t have to be this way; we believe a great company should stand behind a natural product, and believe in what it can do—that products can help you maintain a clean body and live a healthy lifestyle. Here’s what you can count on when you buy from our natural skin care line:
- NO harmful chemicals, irritants, or preservatives.
- Non-allergenic and carefully formulated with all natural, organic ingredients.
- GMO free, never tested on animals, and made in the USA.
Isn’t it time to try something better for your skin and your health? After all, it’s our mission to bring back good health, positive thinking, happiness, and love, and we think using products like Parfait Visage® or AquaSpirit® can help you reach that goal. So, tell us how you would go natural with your skin care in the comments below!
by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
Source: Why Is Natural Skin Care Better?
- Brody, JG, et al. Endocrine Disruptors and Asthma-Associated Chemicals in Consumer Products. Environmental Health Perspectives. 120 (7).
- Braun, J. et al. Personal care product use and urinary phthalate metabolite and paraben concentrations during pregnancy among women from a fertility clinic. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology. 24.
- Fowler, J.F. et al. Innovations in natural ingredients and their use in skin care. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 9 (6 Suppl.).
- Bowe, W. P. & Pugliese, S. Cosmetic benefits of natural ingredients. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 13 (9).
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration.FDA Recall Policy for Cosmetics.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration.FDA Authority Over Cosmetics.