Activated charcoal is a fine, odorless black powder typically used in the emergency treatment of certain kinds of poisoning. It is made by heating natural sources of carbon, such as wood, coconut shells and sawdust, to very high temperatures. This process “activates” the charcoal and creates tiny holes on its surface, thereby increasing its overall surface area. In fact, one teaspoonful of activated charcoal has roughly the same total surface area as a football field.
It’s because of these tiny holes and large surface area that activated charcoal is able to soak up a variety of toxins. This sponge-like property works best with toxins that contain organic particles, which are compounds that contain carbon and are normally bonded with oxygen, hydrogen or nitrogen. Depending on the type of overdose or toxin, a single dose of activated charcoal can be an effective treatment if given quickly enough.
Here are some of the other common uses of activated charcoal: (h/t to PrepSchoolDaily.Blogspot.com)
- Food poisoning – Every year, an estimated one in six Americans, or roughly 48 million people, get sick from food poisoning. The most common culprit is spoiled or contaminated meat. Luckily, you can use activated charcoal to treat food poisoning. Just take a few tablespoonfuls of it mixed in water every 10 minutes. Powdered activated charcoal is best for this because it works immediately. Additionally, activated charcoal can help flush out alcohol from your system after heavy drinking.
- Acid reflux – Acid reflux occurs when the sphincter muscle at the lower end of the esophagus relaxes at the wrong time, allowing stomach acid to back up into the esophagus. This causes a burning sensation that usually runs from the throat to the center of the chest. To relieve this burning sensation, take a tablespoon of activated charcoal powder mixed in a glass of water.
- Diarrhea – There is anecdotal evidence that activated charcoal can be used to treat diarrhea given its use as an adsorbent in overdoses and poisonings. To treat diarrhea, take a tablespoon of activated charcoal powder mixed in a glass of water up to six times per day.
- Irritable bowel disease (IBD) – IBD is a term for two conditions marked by chronic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, namely, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. IBD typically causes persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloody stools. To relieve IBD symptoms, take one teaspoon of activated charcoal mixed in water or one activated charcoal capsule with every meal.
- Tooth abscess – A tooth abscess is a pocket of pus that forms around an infected tooth. To treat a tooth abscess, mix activated charcoal and water to make a paste and wrap that in sterile gauze. Wet this poultice, then hold it in place over the infected tooth to minimize swelling and pain.
- High cholesterol levels – High cholesterol levels, especially low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or “bad” cholesterol, can accumulate in the walls of the arteries and raise the risk of stroke and heart attack. Proponents of activated charcoal believe that by binding to cholesterol, activated charcoal can stop cholesterol in your food from moving into the bloodstream. To maintain healthy cholesterol levels, take a teaspoon of activated charcoal powder mixed in water every day.
- End-stage kidney disease and kidney failure – Activated charcoal can also support healthy kidney function by filtering out undigested toxins and drugs. It may even help improve kidney function and reduce kidney damage and inflammation caused by chronic kidney disease, according to a study published in Food and Chemical Toxicology. For optimal kidney function, take activated charcoal alongside a low-protein diet. (Related: Easily avoid kidney disease by improving your diet.)
Remedies.news has more articles about other natural remedies like activated charcoal.
Published by dreddymd
Dr Eddy Bettermann MD focus on Biological Medicine (Biologische Medizin) #Biological #Medicine #videos http://bit.ly/2LF3Ro3, Darkfield Microscopy (Dunkelfeld Mikroskopie), Orthomolecular Medicine (Orthomolekulare Medizin), Ayurvedic Medicine (Ayurveda), Psychosomatic Medicine (Psychosomatische Medizin), raw food (Rohkost), fasting (Fasten):
Our primary integrative medicine goal is the maintenance of your health and wellness, and we are committed to safe and effective healthcare.
Our specialties include online integrative medicine education by alternative doctor: food and allergy management through the use of Integrative medical therapy, Environmental Medicine, General Family Medicine, Ayurveda, Panchakarma, Chronic Fatigue, ADHD, autism, Fibromyalgia, Yeast/Fungus related diseases – Candidacies, mercury dental replacement and detoxification, Natural Thyroid Replacement, Weight loss, Lyme Disease, Irritable Bowel Disease, Attention Deficit Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Addiction related programs, Intestinal Dysbiosis, as well as trigger point therapy using Neural Therapy.
Dr. Eddy Bettermann MD, physician from Germany, consultant and teacher in biological medicine, especially dark field microscopy known as Live Blood Analysis in Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Philippines. But he lecture also in the USA, Canada and the U.A.E. He speaks english and german.
“Let thy Food be thy Medicine and thy Medicine be thy Food.” — Hippocrates
Physician Member of the Medical Board at AOX Singapore,
Medical Doctor at Nurse Mobile Clinic and
Physician at DrEddy Clinic
The mission of the Integrative Medicine is to search for the most effective treatments for patients by combining both conventional and alternative approaches that address all aspects of health and wellness – biological, psychological, social and spiritual. Biological Medicine is a big part of my work and so is Dark field Microscopy, what I use in my daily practice and what I teach more then 15 years in Asia and around the world: Live Blood Analysis in dark field based on Haematology.
We utilize Live blood analysis since 2004, conventional as well as specialty laboratories for a thorough diagnostic work up of the disease in question. Our integrative medicine treatment regimens are especially unique and are tailored specifically to the individual needs of each patient.
Our Mission: don’t harm, prevent, use food as medicine
We are a reliable partner for integrative medicine in Medical Spa & Clinic Development and integrative medicine Education Training for alternative doctors – we bring different holistic approaches, like Integrative Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda Medicine together. On your request we offer our service in your place as well.
Heavy metal poisoning
Heavy metal poisoning is much more common than most people realize, and if you’re thinking that it doesn’t apply to you because you haven’t been exposed to any, think again. If you’ve eaten fish regularly, had amalgam fillings, received vaccinations, drank contaminated water, or done industrial or agricultural work or pharmaceutical manufacturing, there’s a good chance that you have a fair amount of toxic metals in your system..
We are here to help and to educate!
Wishing your health and happiness
Dr Eddy Bettermann MD
We are affiliated The Wellness Company https://bit.ly/3V726zc
The Wellness Company Coupon for membership, supplements, doctor appointment, online consultation https://bit.ly/3V5NsIy
DrEddyClinic is affiliate of Amazon and get commission for the products, which we recommend https://www.amazon.com/shop/dreddyclinic , same as GlobalHealing https://dreddymd.com/shop/supplements/
View all posts by dreddymd