Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables. Raw or cooked, I love it. I found a recipe from Shawnda at The Brewer and the Baker that gives this veggie a spicy kick. Besides being delicious, it’s easy, quick, and great when performing a cleanse. So, without further adieu…
Chipotle-Lime Roasted Cauliflower
Video Length: 1 minute
Vegan Cauliflower Recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- Baking pan
- Organic olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Himalayan crystal salt
- ½-1 teaspoon of organic chipotle chili powder (add to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Add a light layer of olive oil to the baking pan. Spread evenly.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly and add a light layer of olive oil. Toss until the cauliflower is nicely coated.
- Drizzle with lime juice and add the garlic, lightly tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with Himalayan salt, pepper, and a light dusting of chipotle chili powder – use less if you aren’t a fan of spice, use the full teaspoon if you are.
- Roast for 10 minutes, toss and flip, roast for another 10 minutes.
Enjoy Your Cauliflower Dish With Pride
This recipe contains absolutely nothing except awesome food you can feel great about eating. Cauliflower is nutritious, rich in both potassium and vitamin C, and offers a huge array of health-supporting benefits.[1, 2] Lime juice and garlic are detoxifying foods and the spices provide a guilt-free kick.
- “Raw Vegetables Poster.” FDA.gov. U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 6 Jan. 2015. Web. 11 Apr. 2016.
- Murillo, Genoveva, and Rajendra G. Mehta. “Cruciferous Vegetables and Cancer Prevention.” Nutrition and Cancer 41.1-2 (2001): 17-28. PubMed. Web. 11 Apr. 2.