It is clear that the micro-nutrient iodine (And iron, magnesium and zinc) is a key essential element for the normal growth and development in all of the body’s organ and tissue systems.Iodine in combination with the aforementioned minerals is often considered the best “hair growth minerals” you can take for healthy hair. If you are currently experiencing hair loss, it may be a good idea to supplement with these, as hair loss can be one of the most common signs of a deficiency in iodine.
Iodine and Hair Loss
The thyroid gland relies on iodine to make the hormones necessary for the growth of healthy hair, teeth and bones. When we are deficient in this nutrient, the health of our hair can suffer, leading to hair weakness or total hair loss. Taking a safe nascent iodine supplement may boost hair health and growth, and may event prevent or reverse hair loss.
Iodine and Hair Loss
Video Length: 2 minutes
Historically, farmers understood the relationship between iodine and the health of an animals coat. Sheep farmers noticed that iodine-poor soils produced iodine-deficient plants, which produced iodine-deficient sheep. These sheep, consequently, produced the least amount (and poorest quality) of wool. It stands to reason that human beings are just as effected by iodine-poor soil and plants as animals are. And hair loss may be related to this decline.
Iodine is a key element for hair strength and growth. While we may get some synthetic iodine in table salt, our body has a hard time assimilating it. Taking a nascent, vegetarian form of iodine may prevent or reverse hair loss. There are even a few studies that support this evidence.
One 2001 study published in the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, & Leprology desrcribed the use of iodine as a treatment for patients with alopecia (hair loss), and found hair re-growth in a number of patients .
Taking an Iodine Supplement for Hair Loss
Supplement with a high-quality, nascent iodine supplement, such as Detoxadine®. This form of nascent iodine provides you with the recommended daily allowance of iodine in a bio-elemental nanocolloidal state.
SEE ALSO about Iodine Medicine
Have you thought about taking iodine for hair loss? If so, how did it work out for you? Share your experience in the comments below.
Watch an In-Depth Video on
Everything You Need to Know About Iodine
Video Length: 60 minutes
- Thappa D M, Vijayikumar M. Alopecia areata. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2001.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
5 thoughts on “Can Iodine Help With Hair Loss?”