Your colon has a hefty job: it absorbs all the vital nutrients and vitamins in your food and flushes your body of toxins. Why not give it a helping hand?
With Global Healing’s simple six-day Colon Cleanse Program™, you can activate your body’s self-healing capabilities and set your body and mind on the path to great health.
Here’s how it works: You’ll eat nothing but raw fruit for six days, and take our oxygen-based colon cleanse product, Oxy-Powder® along with our cleanse-promoting, single-strain transient probiotic, Latero-Flora™. This promotes healthy bacteria in your gut while deterring harmful organisms, like Candida.
The protocol calls for you to eat only fresh fruit for six days. This keeps your intestinal tract hydrated and increases your fiber intake, helping your body flush out lingering toxins and eliminate compacted waste from your colon. As a result, you may see a flatter stomach, smoother digestion, a pumped-up immune system, renewed mental clarity, and an overall reset of your health.
Eating only fruit for six days may seem challenging, but it doesn’t have to be! We’ve created several delicious and unique recipes, giving you new ways to combine fruits. That way, your stomach stays full and your desire for creative consumption is satisfied.
What Is the Best Colon Cleanse?
As we move into a more health-conscious society, people are looking for better ways to support weight loss and heal themselves naturally. Cleanses are more popular than ever and the options are endless: a lemonade cleanse made with lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, and water; a salt water flush first thing in the morning; juicing fasts; detox herbal tea; or even an enema with an aloe vera solution. But what’s the best one?
We designed our simple, gentle Colon Cleanse Program to naturally support your body’s healing process and we believe it is the best colon cleanse available for your body (read one person’s experience with the cleanse!). You will eliminate foods that can cause an imbalance in your gut — gluten, sugar, soy, red meat (and all meat), dairy, and all the preservatives and chemical additives of processed foods. It’s the best possible solution to clean out your gastrointestinal tract and keep you on the path to good health.
The protocol asks you to eat only fruit for six days. Any fruit is acceptable, and you can eat multiple types of fruit at the same time.
Why Is Fruit Important?
Fresh fruit provides a great source of fiber and is packed with nutrients. It’s natural and unprocessed — and that’s what your body requires. Fruit supports a cleanse rather than working against it, so you can maintain a high level of nutrition while still clearing out the toxins in your system.
Remember to Stay Hydrated
Eating the right food is essential for a successful cleanse, but equally as important is staying hydrated. Make sure to drink purified water — half your body weight in ounces per day. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, drink 80 ounces of water. If desired, add in a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar to boost the detoxifying powers of your water — you’ll enhance both your drink and your colon cleanse.
What Do I Eat During a Colon Cleanse?
These delicious all-raw recipes will show you just how fun eating on the colon cleanse can be. While I understand that organic is not always in reach for every person, during a cleanse it’s particularly important to use organic fruits (and vegetables, if you eat any vegetables). Not only do organic foods have more nutrients, they are grown without the pesticides of traditional produce. Introducing pesticides into your body during a cleanse defeats one of the main purposes, which is eliminating toxins.
The six-day all-fruit diet hydrates the intestinal tract and supports the cleanse by drawing out toxins from your system. Try the recipes below for some creative culinary options.
Fall Harvest Fruit Salad
Enjoy the colors of fall no matter the season with this autumn-inspired fruit salad.
- Cutting board
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 1 pomegranate
- ½ pound red seedless grapes
- Juice from half a lime
- Dice the apples and pears. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate. Cut the grapes in half.
- Add all the fruit to the bowl.
- Add the lime juice and toss gently. Serve.
Hawaiian POG-Style Smoothie
We use pineapple instead of passionfruit for an easier version of this Hawaiian classic. Pineapples have incredible natural digestive enzymes, like bromelain, that will help during this cleanse. If you want to add in some passionfruit, that will add nutrients and flavor!
- Cutting board
- ½ pineapple, crown and skin removed
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 2 guavas, peeled
- Put the peeled oranges through the juicer.
- Dice the pineapple.
- Dice the peeled guava.
- Put the orange juice and fruit chunks into the blender and blend until smooth. Add ice in small batches and blend to desired thickness. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Basil Nice Cream
Skip dairy products and try “nice cream” — made from one main ingredient: bananas.
- Cutting board
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Freezer-safe container
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 pound strawberries
- 4 sprigs sweet basil
- Cut the bananas into quarter-inch thick coins. Dice the strawberries. Arrange the cut fruit in one layer on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet and put in the freezer for two hours.
- Chop the basil.
- When the fruit is frozen through, put it into the food processor. Add half the basil.
- Blend until smooth, adding more basil as desired to taste.
- Put the nice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer. Eat when it’s cold enough to hold a scoop.
Berry Nice “Banana Split”
Who says you shouldn’t have a decadent sundae on a cleanse? This one is all fruit! If you don’t have time to make the “nice cream,” this recipe is great with just a banana plus the berry-date puree. Try other berries if you wish!
- Cutting board
- Ice cream scoop
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 medjool dates
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut flakes
- Strawberry Basil Nice Cream (optional)
- Slice a banana in half lengthwise and place in a bowl.
- Blend the blueberries and dates until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour as much blueberry-date sauce as desired onto the sliced banana.
- Top with raw coconut flakes. Serve immediately.
If you want to make it cold and more like a traditional banana split, add in two scoops of Strawberry Basil Nice Cream — or another variety that you have whipped up!
We strongly encourage everyone to follow the all-raw-fruit protocol, but we also hear from individuals who feel they want something else. If you can’t manage to eat all fruit for six days, the next best thing is to add in a few raw, high-fiber vegetables. Below are a few of our favorite cleanse-friendly recipes.
Jicama Tacos With Guacamole
Thinly sliced jicama doubles as a tortilla in these cleanse-friendly tacos.
- Vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- Mandoline cutter
- 1 jicama
- 4 carrots, matchstick style
- 4 cucumbers, matchstick style
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (red or green)
- ¼ cup homemade guacamole for topping
- Peel jicama and carrots.
- Slice carrots and cucumbers into matchsticks.
- Use mandoline to slice jicama on the thinnest or second-thinnest setting.
- Using a jicama slice as the “shell,” fill your taco with the other ingredients and serve.
Simple Homemade Guacamole
- Small bowl
- 1 avocado
- Juice ½ lemon
- Mini-tomatoes cut into quarters
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Cut avocado and scoop out of the shell into a bowl.
- Add salt and juice of half a lemon.
- Mash with a fork.
- Add mini tomatoes.
Embrace green goodness in this chilled soup.
- Cutting board
- 2 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1 seedless cucumber
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice cucumber, onion, and garlic. Crumple mint leaves.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Transfer gazpacho to a bowl and chill for two hours before serving.
Raw Kale-Avocado Salad
Wilt kale without heat in this classic and utterly delicious raw kale salad. I could eat this every day! (Also try our raw kale chip recipes!)
- Cutting board
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 bunches kale
- Remove pit and skin from avocado and discard. Halve cherry tomatoes. Chop shallots and green onions.
- Massage avocado, salt, and lemon juice into the kale with your hands until the kale noticeably wilts.
- Top with shallots, tomatoes, and green onions. Serve.
Points to Remember
If you want to reset your body’s healing properties, you want a healthy colon. One of the best ways to maintain a healthy colon is to try our 6-day Colon Cleanse Program! During the cleanse, you’ll eat raw fruit for six days, and supplement with Oxy-Powder and Latero-Flora™, a probiotic that encourages a healthy microbiome. Eating raw fruit during a colon cleanse is important — it helps pull out toxins while also hydrating your intestinal tract.
We’ve created a selection of recipes to mix up your diet and keep it homemade while still getting all the health benefits. From the Fall Harvest Fruit Salad to the Hawaiian POG-Style Smoothie, Strawberry Basil Nice Cream, and Berry Nice Banana Split, you won’t have fruit fatigue from these fun recipes! A couple of others include raw vegetables: Jicama Tacos with Homemade Guacamole, Green Gazpacho, and Raw Kale-Avocado Salad.
Doing a cleanse in the right way enables you to eliminate the effects of poor food choices and eat clean for several days. This allows your gut — and your body — to reset and heal itself. Doing so also activates your body’s self-healing mechanisms. You have the power to take back your health!
Have you tried any great recipes during your colon cleanse? Let us know in the comments below.
- Han L, et al. Trends in self-perceived weight status, weight loss attempts, and weight loss strategies among adults in the United States, 1999-2016. JAMA Netw Open. 2019 Nov 1;2(11):e1915219.
- Dreher ML. Whole fruits and fruit fiber emerging health effects. Nutrients. 2018 Nov 28;10(12).
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)