We all overeat from time to time. It’s something that happens naturally throughout life! When you overindulge, especially at night, your body responds in several ways.
In this article, we’ll explore what happens to your body when you overeat, as well as the benefits of and protocol for performing an overnight colon cleanse using a natural colon cleanser.
What Happens When You Overeat or Splurge Eat
Eating large amounts of food — especially late in the evening — can overwork your digestive system, making you bloated, tired, and even constipated the next day. Sometimes, the food can sit in your intestinal tract for days and not digest properly — in part due to combining different types of food that don’t mix well. This overload depletes the digestive enzymes you need to break down food properly.
If food sits in your intestinal tract for too long, it begins to rot before your body can eliminate it. When this happens, it produces harmful toxins that are absorbed by your body.
When people splurge eat, they tend not to chew their food enough, which strains their GI tract. It’s not good for anyone to eat like this — especially not regularly.
If you’ve splurged, it’s a good idea to expel this toxic material as soon as possible. The “overnight colon cleanse” is the fastest and easiest way to accomplish this.
Overnight Colon Cleanse Instructions
The overnight colon cleanse is an easy and simple protocol that you can follow for a night or even repeat consecutively for two to three days if you feel like you need a deeper flush.
Essentially, you’ll spice up your water with lemon juice and raw apple cider vinegar and then take Oxy-Powder® — a natural, oxygen-based, colon cleansing supplement.
- Lemon (preferably organic)
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (preferably organic)
- Purified Water
- 8 Oxy-Powder Capsules
- Get a large glass or mason jar.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the glass, add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and mix with 16 ounces of purified water — place in the refrigerator.
- Before going to bed, take eight capsules of Oxy-Powder with the water mixture. This will safely and effectively flush the toxins and waste from your digestive tract the next day.
Colon Cleansing Advice
If you experience more than five bowel movements the following day, reduce your Oxy-Powder serving by two capsules each time you perform this cleanse. The goal is to achieve three to five bowel movements the next morning.
Don’t stress if you don’t have the ingredients for the water mixture! You can take ten capsules of Oxy-Powder with eight ounces of purified water before bed instead.
Temporary cramping may result after you ingest the water mixture and capsules. If this happens, it’s likely because your stomach is full. Cramping is a sign your digestive tract is not functioning at optimal levels, and you need the complete Colon Cleanse Program™.
To help relieve temporary cramping, I recommend getting up and walking around for about 15 minutes to increase blood flow and help gravity move the food down through your intestinal tract.
Benefits of Colon Cleansing
Besides cleansing your body from within, colon cleansing has so many benefits you’ll feel! Many people report that they feel great the next day, citing:
- Removal of compacted waste
- Increased energy
- Less occasional constipation
- Better digestion
- Sharper focus and concentration
- More effective weight loss
- Happier mood
Once you’ve finished your overnight cleanse, replenish your body with healthy, plant-based foods. Drink plenty of water, exercise, and practice mindful eating so that you can avoid splurge eating! You might even want to try incorporating fasting into your routine.
Have you ever done an overnight colon cleanse? How did you feel afterward? We’d love to hear about your experience. Tell us your story in the comments section below.
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)